Sunday, May 07, 2006

Anil replys to Ranjith

Hi Renjith and all


I named this group in my address list as Media Friends. I am forwarding your mail to all of them, I think your mail id is also there. I am forwarding a copy of the mail to Noushad and Smitha Namboothiri. Note: forwarded message attached.

I always see you as a serious sort of guy Renjith. In fact your language also seems to be that much serious. Friendship and Friends is a nice topic to be discussed. I remember the day I spoke to you all in our farewell day. I was actually emotionally moved and tears came on my eyes due to the separation we are going to have.

The same thing happened to me when we assembled there to remember KRV Sir. Gouri sir couldn't spoke much because of emotions. There were our seniors and juniors. Only a few. We listed out the addresses to form a forum of journalists produced by Press club. If I remember rightly, I had given the list to Anitha, a girl from our senior batch for type setting etc in DTP, in fact she took it from me witha lot of promises.

That is the end of it. Inever saw again.Similarly I asked Santhan to hand over our group photo so that we can take copies and distribute to all others.But nothing did happen. The photos we took at Kanyakumari are still with me. I took care to have personal copies and thanks to Faizal. I will be uploading them soon for all of you.

Dear Ranjith, initiating a relation is easy but maintaining one is very difficult, whether it is friendship or something else. I really had many experiences of losing a person very close to me when years passed. In fact I, Cithara and Vinod had a talk about Friendship one night. They were of the view that a Friend will be a friend forever, even with out regular communication. I have a different view about it.

The ability of a person to be in touch with maximum number of people makes him popular and friendship alive. It is more to give and then take policy. I found a quality in Prasanth makes him different from others. It is his ability to push even if he is facing bad situations. Finding opportunities and utilising relations is the best way to be live in media. All of us have various qualities/talents, but what matters in our society is saleablity and I remember Joe sir quoting something like that in our Editing class.

I do agree with him in that account. When Medha padkar can be sold, media is afer her. When she is not in the lime light who needs her. Since I was referring to Lime light, I just want to ask you one question, have you ever saw the Chapline film "Lime light". I think you must see it. You may ask why, just watch it?!! We, me and Binu used to analise our Press Club experience a lot. We share some interest in Managemetn and Human Behaviour.

The difference between the other courses we had undergone with the Journalism at Press club is that, our aim was not to study journalism, but to learn about the uniqueness in our self.Though KRV sir was insisting we were not in line with him. But, that is the right kind of a journalistic development. One experiment a lot with one's ability. I remember studying for exams. Thanks to Sumi and Gayathri, with out them many would not have passed. Dear all, I am a bit older than you all in age, but I know that Iam younger than many of you since I still keep my youth alive by having live relations.

KRV Sir used to talk to me a lot in the absence of others. He was of the view that I was pursuing the right kind of career within the Police, since the Media is farce nowadays. According to him, it has become just another job to be a reporter or editor etc. I am not ready to fully agree with him, because in my opinion every job has a creative spirit in it. One should try to evoke it or kindle it and integrate that spirit with one's life goals. I recommend all of you to read a book by Po Bronson, titled "What Should I do with my life?".

Its published by Vinatage.(www.randomhouse.co.uk/vintage) Many times we end up with a job where we will not get satisfaction. A career is not a job and one may try to experiment with the jobs till one attain one's passionate profession. The book tells about a few people who found why they are here and what do they want with their life. You don't know how you inspire others, but you do: I remember the question asked by Smitha Paylee when we were returning from Kanyakumari after our trip. We were hanging on the rods of the bus. As per the specific instructions of KRV, I was constrained to behave maturally :).

I remember that we sung a lot of songs made by us and I really enjoyed the trip. Let me come to the point. Smitha was asking me whether I made all those songs myself at that time. I replied yes. Then she said that Policeee, you are a good poet. That was inspirational to me..., because somebody appreciated one of my talents. This the kind of positive vibes we have to give each other so that we remain friends. But it should be genuine.

To share another experience of mine was reporting the conference on Democratic Decentralised Planning. That was a great team effort. Meghan chettan (son of N.E. Balram) was there to guide us. Because of the communist background we have, we were family friends. (There after he asked me many times, "deeye nee Public Relations Officer aakanam, PRD-yil varanam etc." ). As part of the assignement I was supposed to translate the papers to be presented by the eminent scholars in Malayalam apart from reporting.I had the experience of getting published my translated work before the actual paper reading took place in the conference.

Meghan chettan told me, deeyee okke oru number alle. The greatest thing happened to me was in the presence of P.P. Balan (now KILA director, my mother's cousine), while a documentary being showed by the authorities about the People's Planning- Successful interventions, and when all those international delegetes were eagerly listening about the achievements of the people in my native panchayat at Kannur (Chappara padavu) with respect to decentralised planning approach (Janakeeya Asoothrana), I was able to report the scene which I think as something great.

I do like to converse with you all, as much as possible. Its a promise that I will stay in touch. As a preliminary step towards grou formation, Can all of us can take an oath to be in connection always. The naming of the group can be done later. Think about it and reply. I want every ones positive reply,which can be consolidated by Ramesh.

Hope everyone is fine

yours

Anil

No comments: