Sunday, May 07, 2006

Anil to Jeeves

Dear Jeeva

So nice of you to join us. It is not a movementstarted now. We have planned it long back, haven'twe?!. Yesterday, I happened to meet Ramesh during my evening prawl in the city. He had purchased a new bike. There was a small treat by him...He can tell it better.

He was talking about starting a blog than a group since we will be able to post mails forever. Idon't know what will be the outcome. But as I see, ourfriends are so uncaring to reply to mails. Everybody has this feeling that they are the busiest persons inthis world. May be they are not finding any meaning inthese relations. The common platform is already there,since we are the products of press club. The question is how many of us are going to be frequent visitors onthis virtual platform .

I can count persons who even not cared to say a simple hi to my efforts. Is this is what you call the common platform. No, I don't think so. I hope...some day when any one of them feel solonely, displaced, relocated in a world of unknownness due to their social situations and job constrains,they will find solace in the words spoken by stupid persons like me through this medium. That is the onlything I can expect from them. The rest is theirchoice. You may see persons in the city who happenedto be neighbours for so long and not known to eachother. This is what we proudly call as developmentnowadays.

You have a house, a car, money in yourpockets and status in the society....then you try tofind common platform in that segment of the societyjust above your level. It is the human tendency I haveseen in this world. You forget the way you havetravelled and the struggles you had in your past.

You think that you are born with golden spoons in yourmouth. Its all farce dear....every thing you seearound you is a mask. The origine of word Persona means the mask you are wearing in a theatre. This maskis the face you have in the society.

I saw the Hindimovie "Anand" for the umpteenth time today. I am justtrying to reproduce the moving words by Anand @ RajeshKhanna. " Babumosai...zindagi oour mouth uper vale kehath mem he. Hum sub eis rang manch ke katputhale hei.os ke dor upervale ke hath mem he....ha ha ha ....".

You know one thing I am very fond of this moviebecause of many reasons. First thing the friendshipbetween the two characters and seconds due to thehelpnessnes the major character played by Rajeshkhanna who is a victim of cancer. Even if you don'thave cancer, many events in life is like cancer. You think that you are in full control and things happen which you can only desperately experience.

I am going through such a phase in my life also. But I don't ave the comfort to share everything in this group.....of friends who talk lot about friendship anddoes nothing towards it. I think this journalisticgroup lack empathy or afraid of something.

Why we arefearing about life. Ofcourse, we can think it as aphase between two absolute truths, life anddeath....if the first one is there, the second isinevitable. But can we finish it off fast. Do we havethe liberty to cut short our life.

Sorry I am talking in a different language today....yes I know and Icould sense it myself. But these friends made me talklike that, What Renjith talked about is an idealisticsituation.


But, life is far from ideal. It is what itis. penning down for today....for another bright sunnyday

yours

Anil

No comments: