Sunday, May 07, 2006

mone prashanthe anilettan vilikkunnu

Dear Prasanth

I am perfectly aware of the situation. If you knowP.T. Bhaskara Panikar, the man behind formation of Sasthra Sahithya Parizhath, literacy movement in Kerala, State Resouce Centre, a magazine called Bharana Chakra etc.

I found two role models in my life. The first one is him and the second one is C.Achutha Menaon as an Administrator.The first one usedto send post cards to the person who are in touch withhim, with lot of assignments.Small ones changed the history of the State. The second one never smiles outwardly, but cares a lot.


You know Prasanth, silent efforts are never noticed in this world at the time of happening. But, later, people will learn about it. The misery of man is that he had to live the life pleasant and make himself famous. But the world is not only for the happier ones alone.

When any one of our big group finds some difficulty in life situations, I become really concerned. We must have that concern first and the communication should be the best way to show your concern. When we are positioned at distance, it will be difficult for us to see each other. But we can talk, share our feelings,send letters etc. However, we do prioritise things isn't it.

We have only 24 hrs a day and we need todivide it constructively, particulary when you are in Media. I suggest you to listen to Jnanapana by Poonthanam Namboothiri sung by P.Leela. The poet is talking about Krishna Bhakthi, but I want to replace the Krishna Bhakthi with "Friendship and Friends" asquoted by Renjith. You will get a new meaning to it. let me correct you about your observation about ourcollege and press club. In our college, as in the case of any college we were put into a culture with more emphasise on studies. we were never been trained to become professionals. But at press club the culture was totally vivid and our object was to learnsomething for living. In fact in our evening batch,our intention was to do some course with enjoyment. We never cared about assignments, marks etc. In my case Ijust wanted to be live with studies and make newfriends....and new friendship circles. Journalism as a Career:In the past I had done a course on Personnel Management at Bharathiya Vidya Bhavan, tvm.

I went there to do Journalism as a part time affair. But they insisted that I should do Personnel Management. It was their choice than mine to be get trained in Management. I remember, Mahadevan and Harisundar of Hindu were my batch mates at that time. Mahadevan was doing journalism and Hari was with me.If I had donethe course at that time, you would have not seen me in your Press club batch. I would have been well placedin the journalistic career, not in Police Department.

I don't have regret about it now, because, what I see isonly Job Journalism and in practical terms it is theright decision for a News Company to survive by making profit than die for some crusading effort.I am aregular subscriber to Malayala Manorama, Chintha andDesabhimani. I was a regular subscriber of Mathrubhumi weekly. Apart from that I am constrained to subsribe to certain trade union magazns due to my comrade parivesha. There are some kutti magazns for which I had given subcription to help them. Its all my hard earned income which is distributed. In MM, you willsee the strategy of Professional Management. In Chinta(you can put it Chanthi, or Chitha or Chantha in the long run as the lef movement change its course in kerala)and Deshyabhimani you pay for what you don'tnecessarily required.

When I was in school my intention of reading news papers like mathrubhumi, keralakaumudiand deshabhimani was to know whether we have striketoday. If there is a strike then i will cycle double speedly to my home and take the cricket bat and ballto the school. Then from 11 AM to 5 PM continuos play.

I was in Govt. Model High School, trivandrum. So thats a part of story about me. I want all of you to share things about past and present with all others,so that we get know each other better. let us hope this will be a better opportunity for us all.

love and take care

Anil

No comments: